Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day #38: The King.

Today is The King's birthday.
THE King's birthday.
Elvis Presley.

My obsession with Elvis started when I was in a musical with all Elvis music.
And then extended as my grandparents took me to Pigeon Forge Tennessee the summer after.
It might have even started in my childhood with my parents Elvis cds and listening to the soothing and powerful "American Trilogy" at Stone Mountain as the generals rode through the battle. (which, if you haven't heard that song and want to know what the South sounds like... that's pretty much it.... i LOVE that song)
And I haven't looked back.
I have seen 3 Elvis impersonators, own 41 Elvis songs, have 2 Elvis lunchboxes, a pack of Elvis playing cards, and a blue suede shoes Elvis ornament.

I guess you could say I just like Elvis.

So happy birthday Elvis!!!! Thank you for keeping me entertained.
And thank you to my grandparents who helped to kindle my love of Elvis.


Also, my grandpa and I used to imitate this video.... and we think we're pretty funny when we do that (: Enjoy.

Also shout out to my friend Cody who's birthday is also today. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment